Job Description: The troop guide works with new Scouts. They help them feel comfortable and earn their First Class rank in their first year.
Reports to: the assistant Scoutmaster for the new Scout patrol.
- Introduces new Scouts to troop operations.
- Guides new scouts through early Scouting activities.
- Shields new scouts from harassment by older Scouts.
- Helps new Scouts earn First Class randk in their first year.
- Teaches basic Scout skills.
- Coaches the patrol leader of the new Scout patrol on his duties.
- Works with the patrol leader at patrol leaders' council meetings.
- Attends patrol leaders' council meetings with the patrol leader of the new Scout patrol.
- Assists the assistant Scoutmaster with training.
- Counsels individual Scouts on Scouting challenges.
- Sets a good example.
- Enthusiastically wears the Scout uniform correctly.
- Lives by the Scout Oath and Law.
- Shows Scout spirit.
- Recommended by the SPL and approved by the Scoutmaster.
- Serves for 12 months.
- Must be active in the troop.
- Must have leadership experience and the patience to work with new Scouts.