- Handle all troop funds. Pay bills on recommendation of the Scoutmaster and authorization of the troop committee.
- Maintain the troop’s checking and savings accounts.
- Train and supervise the troop scribe in record keeping.
- Keep adequate records in the Troop Record Book.
- Supervise money-earning projects, including obtaining proper authorizations.
- Supervise the camp savings plan.
- Lead in the preparation of the annual troop budget.
- Lead the Friends of Scouting campaign.
- Report to the troop committee at each meeting.
- Receive troop income each week from the troop scribe.
Qualifications for Committee Positions
- At least 21 years old
- Subscribe to the precepts of the Declaration of Religious Principle
- Abide by the Scout Oath and the Scout Law.
- Possess the moral, educational, and emotional qualities that Scouts BSA and/or the Boy Scouts of America deems necessary to afford positive leadership to youth.
- All volunteers are expected to complete amd maintain Youth Protection training.
- As a volunteer, you are expected to complete the required training before assuming a leadership position.
- All training is available online on the Web site http://my.scouting.org.