- Help secure permission to use camping sites.
- Serve as transportation coordinator.
- Ensure a monthly outdoor program.
- Promote the National Camping Award.
- Promote, through family meetings, attendance at troop camp outs, camporees, and summer camp to reach the goal of an outing per month
- Report to the troop committee each month
Qualifications for Committee Positions
- At least 21 years old
- Subscribe to the precepts of the Declaration of Religious Principle
- Abide by the Scout Oath and the Scout Law.
- Possess the moral, educational, and emotional qualities that Scouts BSA and/or the Boy Scouts of America deems necessary to afford positive leadership to youth.
- All volunteers are expected to complete amd maintain Youth Protection training.
- As a volunteer, you are expected to complete the required training before assuming a leadership position.
- All training is available online on the Web site http://my.scouting.org.