- Encourage Scouts to advance in rank.
- Works with troop scribe to maintain all Scout advancement records.
- Arranges troop Boards of Review and quarterly Courts of Honor.
- Develop and maintain a merit badge counselor list.
- Make a prompt report on the correct form to the council service center when a troop Board of Review is held. Secure badges and certificates.
- Work with the troop librarian to build and maintain a troop library of merit badge pamphlets and other advancement literature.
- Report to the troop committee each month.
Qualifications for Committee Positions
- At least 21 years old
- Subscribe to the precepts of the Declaration of Religious Principle
- Abide by the Scout Oath and the Scout Law.
- Possess the moral, educational, and emotional qualities that Scouts BSA and/or the Boy Scouts of America deems necessary to afford positive leadership to youth.
- All volunteers are expected to complete amd maintain Youth Protection training.
- As a volunteer, you are expected to complete the required training before assuming a leadership position.
- All training is available online on the Web site http://my.scouting.org.