Job Description: The assistant senior patrol leader is the second-highest ranking junior leader in the troop. They are appointed by the senior patrol leader with the approval of the Scoutmaster. The assistant senior patrol leader acts as the senior patrol leader in the absence of the senior patrol leader or when called upon. They also provide leadership to other junior leaders in the troop.
Reports to: the Senior Patrol Leader.
- Helps the senior patrol leader lead meetings and activities.
- Runs the troop in the absence of the senior patrol leader.
- Helps train and supervise the troop scribe, quartermaster, instructor, librarian, historian and chaplain aide.
- Serves as a member of the patrol leader's council.
- Sets a good example.
- Enthusiastically wears the Scout uniform correctly.
- Lives by the Scout Oath and Law.
- Shows Scout spirit.
- Serves for 6 months.
- Should be at least Star rank.
- Must be active in the troop.