Job Description: The assistant patrol leader is appointed by the patrol leader and leads the patrol in his absence.
Reports to: the Patrol Leader.
- Helps the patrol leader plan and steer patrol meetings and activities.
- Helps the patrol leader keep patrol members informed.
- Helps the patrol get ready for all troop activities.
- Represents his patrol at patrol leaders' council meetings when the patrol leader cannot attend.
- Lends a hand controlling the patrol and building patrol spirit.
- Sets a good example.
- Enthusiastically wears the Scout uniform correctly.
- Lives by the Scout Oath and Law.
- Shows Scout spirit.
- Appointed by the patrol leader.
- Serves for 6 months.
- Must be active in the troop.