- Ensure troop leaders and committee members have opportunities for training and are trained for their positions.
- Be responsible for BSA Youth Protection training within the troop.
- Maintain an inventory of up-to-date training materials, videotapes, and other training resources.
- Encourage periodic junior leader training within the troop at the council and national levels.
- Report to the troop committee at each meeting
Qualifications for Committee Positions
- At least 21 years old
- Subscribe to the precepts of the Declaration of Religious Principle
- Abide by the Scout Oath and the Scout Law.
- Possess the moral, educational, and emotional qualities that Scouts BSA and/or the Boy Scouts of America deems necessary to afford positive leadership to youth.
- All volunteers are expected to complete amd maintain Youth Protection training.
- As a volunteer, you are expected to complete the required training before assuming a leadership position.
- All training is available online on the Web site http://my.scouting.org.